NYC P-TECH Schools are an opportunity to gain your high school diploma, Associate Degree, and hands-on industry experience at no cost. We help YOU prepare for your future.
What are NYC P-TECH Schools?
NYC P-TECH Schools is an innovative six-year high school program that helps you prepare for the world of work in a competitive industry and successfully continue your studies at a four-year college. Each NYC P-TECH school is designed around a different high-growth career field in collaboration with industry and community college partners for a seamless experience from the classroom to the workplace. Every NYC P-TECH school is affiliated with a CUNY community college that offers courses toward an aligning Associate Degree that you can begin taking as early as 10th grade—at no cost to you. You will also explore the industry field and how to work in a professional setting through job shadowing, mentoring, internships, and other experiential opportunities. When you graduate from a NYC P-TECH school, you will have your high school diploma, an Associate Degree, and work experience. You will be in control of deciding if you want to go on to a four-year higher education program or launch your career.
Why should you choose a NYC P-TECH school?
By being part of a NYC P-TECH School community, you will:
- Explore your interests in a growing industry field to see if it’s right for you
- Earn a tuition-free college degree while in high school
- Receive dual-enrollment credits in high school for college courses
- Be part of a caring community focused on your academic, personal, and professional success
- Meet inspiring professionals and peers from businesses and college
- Apply what you learn in the classroom to real-life job experiences
- Gain work experience interning at a major company
Our Industry Partners include: